Monday 25 February 2013

Thing 13 - Reflections


If only I had followed Bengt to Sweden. Sigh........

Almost forgot about this 'thing' and wanting to start this week up-to-date leads me to pen a quick post about what I think about the programme so far.....

I found the initial setting up of the blog straightforward,  although settling on a name was the hardest part! I am not new to blogging so was quite confident that I wouldn't have any problems registering the blog or customising it, however when it came to posting about the first thing I wasn't quite sure what tone I should take. As time has passed though I feel that I have got into my stride and am now comfortable both posting and commenting on other blogs.

I have enjoyed reading other people's blogs and adding the odd comment, although it seems that a few have fallen by the wayside as the weeks go by which is a shame. From my own perspective I have found it a bit of a struggle to fit it all in and consistently put together meaningful posts, although I am grateful for a few quiet stints on the loans desk allowing me time to catch up! I fully intend to see the programme through to the end though and remain an active participant since it is clear that you get as much out of this programme as you put in....

The highlight of the 'things' so far has definitely been the Twitter activity which confirms for me that Web 2.0 really is all about networking and collaboration. So although writing reflective posts is important, I think there should be more commenting on each others posts as well - perhaps a tall order considering the number of participants and posts to read each week.....

5 comments:

  1. Haven't looked at Library Thing yet, two of favourites displaying in your Library Thing: Chesil Beach and Disgrace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to write a post about Library Thing soon but I do find it quite fun. Loved Chesil Beach but not my favourite McEwan novel. Disgrace v. good also - although if you're planning on seeing the film adaptation then I wouldn't bother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I've ever seen an adaptation that's lived up to the book - although I quite enjoyed the film of Enduring Love. Some memorable bad ones off top of my head: Captain corelli's mandolin at so many levels - most of them involving Nicholas Cage; The Beach - a rare Danny Boyle flop.

      Look forward to your post on Library Thing

      Delete
  3. You're doing really well with this Melissa, while others have dropped by the wayside.I haven't been keeping up with it partly because I'm a technophobe and partly because all these crazy packages just don't seem relevant to my simple shelving life. I think you are right to keep it up as you are the new generation and have alot to give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's Melissa?? Anyway I'm not sure I could be considered the 'new generation' but I do get quite geeky about this kind of stuff as you know....

    ReplyDelete