Tuesday 12 February 2013

Things 7 & 8 - Doodle


Image credit Sean Macentee

Ok so not a fan of Doodle - for 4 main reasons:

  1. Too complicated and too many emails circulating for the sake of making one appointment. When I sent my invitation I received about 5 emails including notification that I had initiated a poll, a link to the poll, and that information had been provided on the poll by both myself and the invited party. I wish I had just sent a text.
  2. My first poll disappeared somewhere into the ether. Where did it go? 
  3. Annoying flash adverts all over the site.
  4. Unable to sync my Outlook account. Permission denied.

I am sure that Doodle has its place but it's not for me - I find that Outlook meets all my appointment making needs and I am quite satisfied to stick with this for now.

Thing 8 - Added Doodle to Netvibes. This was straightforward but I still don't like Netvibes. I'm being really rather negative aren't I?? Still, with twitter on the horizon things might be looking up......

No comments:

Post a Comment