Friday 22 February 2013

Thing 12 - Linked in


I'm not going to spend too much time posting about Linked in (mainly because I have spent ages on things 10 and 11, and everyone around me seems to be working hard whilst I've been on Facebook (for research purposes of course!). I do have a profile on Linked in and have had for a little while, but I very rarely use it. In fact I get 'Linked in network updates' emails every week and proceed to delete them immediatley.


For this activity I did log in and played around with my profile a bit, but gave up fairly quickly and doubt I will return to it again in a while. I think Linked in is probably indispensable for some people working in certain, more corporate industries, and also if your job depends heavily on networking. However for my work, I don't think it is necessary  at all. That said, I won't be deleting my profile just yet, and with social networks being revamped and updated all the time I may stick around and wait until it has something to offer me and the work I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment