Wednesday 17 April 2013

Thing 19 - Wordle & Tagxedo

I enjoyed this 'thing' as it allowed me to be both creative and to come up with as many stereotypical definitions of Scandinavia and Scandinavians that I could think of (I hope my Norwegian colleague never sees this!). Anyway, I found this exercise quite worthwhile and can see how both Wordle and Tagxedo could be used as tools for learning, although within an academic library setting I think their value might be a bit limited. 

My Scandinavian themed Wordle example.

Tagxedo gives you more control over your word clouds than Wordle does, but I feel the site is not particularly user-friendly and is quite clumsily put together. Although this isn't especially relevant, I am increasingly finding that I desire to only access well put together sites, with clear and concise links and good usability. I don't think Tagxedo fulfils this requirement. However again, it is very useful as a tool to create interesting and striking visuals and could be used educationally, for marketing purposes or even just for the sake of art! It is free and quite fun, allowing me to again indulge my Scandinavian obsession (and get a couple of Killing references in there as well!).




No comments:

Post a Comment